Sunday 12 October 2014

sTudiO GhiBli CupCakes baby ShoWer


Today we held my best friends baby shower at my small house (managed to fit 14 people into my dining room) and it was lovely. So many cute cat related gifts, clothing with animal ears attached and tiny shoes- I knitted some kitten booties.
  • We ( me and the other girls ) all made some delicious cakes, I made some vegan chocolate cupcakes with Totoro and Sootball designs.

  • It was the first time I've made vegan cupcakes and they weren't too bad. It was a really simple recipe aswel.
Chocolate Vegan Cupcake

2 cups soya milk
2 tsp cyder vinegar
2.5 vanilla essence
2 cups flour
3\4 cups rapeseed oil
3\4 cups coca powder
1.5 tsp b.powder
1 tsp b.soda, 1\4 tsp salt
Whisk soya & vinegar in a bowl and set aside to curdle.
Add sugar, oil and vanilla to soya mix and beat till foamy.
In a separate bowl sift flour,cocoa, soda,baking powder and salt 
Add in 2 batches to the wet mix and beat until its smooth batter with no  lumps. Pre heated oven 180c for 18-20 mins.

To make the vegan frosting it was so simple and super tasty. I got the recipe off my friend Lucy.
Vegan Frosting
1\2 cup Trex
1\2 cup vegan margarine
3.5 cups icing sugar
1.5 vanilla essence
1\4 cup soya milk
Beat trex and margarine till fluffy then add the sugar 1 cup at a time - beat for 3 mins.
Add vanilla and soya milk then beat for 5-7 mins.
I also added food colouring ( animal friendly) .
These can be made by hand by I used our Kenwood food mixer which made it quick and simple.
I made the Totoro from fondant icing, definitely worth trying if you or your friends like Studio Ghibli.
Let me know how yours turn out :)

1 comment:

  1. Amazing cakes, the looked and tasted brilliant, well done Kelly! X

    ReplyDelete