Monday 26 May 2014

ColoUr cHaNge

Time has come to dye my hair, I had been a lovely sea green up until February and when I decided to dye it I thought getting it back to brown would not be a problem- I was wrong.

Crazy Colour - Pine green
Firstly the green wouldnt lift so I had to go really dark brown, something I really want to do. After two washes I noticed the green was beginning to return in the ends but in the form of a swampy green, not a good colour.

I thought I would leave it a few months before dying it again, just to give it a rest and hope the green wouylkd eventually wash out- it hasn't. So today was the day.


Ive bought a medium copper brown colour, a mousse dye colour by John Frieda. Last time I used a mousse dye was one of my first hair colouring experiences, it was a Wella mousse in shade plum and it was messy. Maybe this was done to inexperience(I was 13) or maybe the mousse was just very difficult to control, it went everywhere much to my mums disappointment.


This experience was much easier, you mix the two products together and then just squeeze the bottle and foam magically comes out, it isnt messy, doesnt drip,  it stays in a neat pile for you to disperse through your hair then just leave 30mins and rinse. I would definitely use this product again as it was so mess free, with no stained skin and the end colour is a beautiful reddy brown. I'm just hoping the green has gone ( fingers crossed) . Next is time to get it cut!!

No comments:

Post a Comment