Thursday 15 May 2014

End Of day FacE RoutiNe Pt 1

When it comes to your face I think one of the most important things you MUST do is wash it every evening. No excuses even if you are drunk, even if you don't wear makeup every day, NEVER go to bed with a grubby face it will only lead to blocked pores and bad looking skin.
Today's blog is about my evening skincare routine, the products I am using at the moment, it changes every few months although some products in this list I return to time and time again. This is  a two parter blog as I there are quite afew products to discuss :)

So the first thing I do is to remove my eyemake, the cleansers I'm using do remove mascara/eye shadow etc but if I've been wearing a lot of eye shadow/gel liner then I reach for this -  Bioderma Sensibio H2O Michelle water.


Its amazing!  If you haven't tried it go buy a bottle now, its the go to for most mua (I get mine from Escentual.com) but other places do it, this is the original and I think best water cleanser. I adore French pharmaceuticals and discovered this in Paris 2 years ago after seeing it repeatedly mentioned on Pixiwoos YouTube videos.
Its fragrance and alcohol free, very gentle on even the most sensitive skin and so easy to use. Just soak a cotton wool pad and hold on your eye for 30 seconds and voilĂ  all traces of makeup gone, so that means no rubbing or dragging at the eye, which is important as the skin in this area is very delicate and wrinkles so easily.
The three cleansers

 Onto my first cleanser, this was a Christmas pressie from my mummy as its a bit pricey, but I think worth the pennies -
Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm. This product hydrates and cleanses your skin at the same time, you can use it daily but I tend to use it twice a week as I've got rather oily skin and find overuse can be a little bit much for my skin.
Its contains Moringa extract and Vitamin E both of these products rejuvenate, balance and improve the conditon of your skin especially if its feeling dry and dull. When using this product I also take the time to do a mini face massage to get the circulation going, a fantastic way to reduce puffiness around the eye area. This cleanser is simple to use, you just mix a few drops of water with a little bit of the balm (you don't need much as it is very thick) then massage the face, eye and neck area and it melts away all the grime and makeup of the day. To remove it I soak a flannel or Muslim cloth in warm water squeeze out excess water and then wipe over, the slight roughness of a flannel leaves the softest feeling. My skin feels amazing after this and not dry in the slightest, a real treat for the skin.
My second cleanser is an all time favourite, another French company La Roche-Posay Effaclur Purifying Foaming gel.
This product is one I tend to reach for when I've had one too many gins as it removes everything in one go.
All the Last Roche- Posay range is super gentle and aimed towards those with sensitive skin, this cleanser is perfect for oily/combination faces. It contains salicylic acid which is used to combat acne/problem skin, it reduces the amount of sebum (oil) on the skin while also gentley resurfacing the skin by using a chemical exfoliation which also soothes and calms any redness.
It removes my makeup leaving my skin feeling clean and refreshed. I like the simple gel formula,  you just wet your face, take a small amount of product and massage into your face and rinse nice and simple. You can buy La Roche -Posay in Boots aswel as Feeling Unique.com and its mid range price, usually £11.

I'm going to leave the final cleanser for tomorrow, its my go to when my skin is acting up and breaking out. I will also tell you about what toner, serum and eye cream I'm using.  So until tomorrow
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment