Sunday 11 May 2014

pretty in PinK

"Going to the chapel and we,re goin' get married"...

I'm getting married in 4 and a bit months which is very exciting and daunting at the same time. I've got the amazing Sherrie Sparkes (www.sherrie-sparkes.com) making me look pretty for the day, so I've started thinking about what look I want to go for.
I'm thinking something peachy/natural looking A la Lana del Ray ( well that's my idea so far) .
So I've been trying out a few products from a new brand I've recently discovered -  Zoeva (available from the fantastic pomltd.com )
I've got a Powder brush 106, Luxe colour blush in Rush Rush and a Lip crayon in Tender Rose.
These colours are both gorgeous pinks perfect for any blushing bride, I'm especially enamoured by the lip crayon. Its a perfect rosy pink and the texture is so soft, goes onto the lips smoothly and has a slight glossy sheen but with no stickiness. I personally wouldn't use a liner but you could for a more defined look. My only real issue is you have to sharpen the pencil and as its a chunky crayon you need a fat sharpener.

Tender Rose above and Rush Rush below


The blusher is a pressed formula, with apricot oil and Vitamin E which makes it so soft on the skin and really easy to blend to give a lovely natural flush. It looks very pink when you first open the packaging but once you get it on to your skin the finish very pretty and would look great on pale skin (like mine) and those with an olive tone.
The face brush is multi purpose and can be used for loose or pressed powder or a blush brush. I've tried it for both, with its fat bristles it doesnt pick up too much product and spreads the colour evenly and its so soft. The brush is also friendly to animals as it has synthetic bristles which is always an important factor to me when choosing my products, the price is also very reasonable especially when compared to MAC ones (which I love but cannot justify spending on ).
I will definitely be trying out other tools in this range to add to my growing collection of Real Techniques  brushes, which are my favourites and if you haven't tried you NEED to, they are fantastic.

The look below










No comments:

Post a Comment