Monday 14 April 2014

Anastasia BeVerly Hills Brows

So today I tried out something new for my brows- A few products from the Anastasia Beverly Hills range (available from the superb Pomltd.com)
 - The Perfect brow pencil in Dark Brown,
- Brow powder duo in Medium brown
- Brow/eye liner brush
Both the pencil and brush came with a spooly on one end which was great because I dont have one, fantastic for brushing your brows into place.
The packaging is simple and sleek, in classic black and gold.

I usually use MACs eye crayon in spike for brows which is a waxy formula so using a pencil was a change, I wasnt sure it would go on as smooth as my usual pencil.
I drew my basic brow shape on with feathery strokes, the pencil is soft and easy to use and you build the colour.
My natural brows are unfortunately sparse and short, it was the 90s and we all wanted Drew Barrymore thin brows - a lesson to learn is never over pluck as they didn't grow back :'(
I then used the slanted brush with the darker shade powder to fill in the gaps, then the lighter powder all over to blend.
I really liked the final result, using the pencil gave me a more delicate, softer result than my usual brow.
My brows before and after


The fantastic thing I found was my brows stayed all day at work, I didnt even seal them. Using my usual wax pencil I find I need a brow gel/hairspray (more times than not I use hairspray) to keeps them on all day. I have combination skin which likes to get oily and by the afternoon if not set  I notice my brows slowly disappearing, never a good look.
Not today though, I put on my makeup at 8am and finished work at 5pm and my brows were still on - yeah.
Ive been reading about the Anastasia Brow wiz in quite a few beauty blogs recently and its definitely on my list of must buys after using these products.
One of my fav famous brows- the great Divine


No comments:

Post a Comment