Tuesday 29 April 2014

BaniSh those ZomBie eYes

The one thing i cannot live with out is concealor, the last 5/6 months ive been slowly wearing less foundation on work days which was scary at first but now im embracing the dewyness but I CANNOT leave the house with applying concealor, i look like a zombie without so not the best look.
Dark circles-not my eyes

Over the last few months ive been trying out new concealers, I've used MAC studio fix concealer for about 3 yrs, its got fantastic coverage, blends really well and lasts forever! ( I had one that lasted nearly 18 months, using it nearly every day).
But at the same time I  dont think it hurts to try new things, especially if they are a little more affordable. Initially i looked at the Bobbi Brown corrector/concealer duo for awhile, went and tested it but at £28 it was more than double MACs and I couldnt justify it.

So I tried the Sleek corrector/conceal and powder trio palette,I'm on my 2nd one.  I really like it it reminds me of the Bobbi Brown set but is three times less  ( Sleek is £7.99) .
Simple black packing like all their makeup, handy mirror inside and its its compact enough to take in your handbag for touchups throughout the day, it also has an SPF 15 which is an bonus.
I use Fair 02 which is the lightest shade, I have naturally dark circles and find the corrector is amazing it really covers my skin but because im rather pale I find the the concealor section abit too dark, that may also be because I don't tend to wear much foundation so I  go straight to powder to set.
The second concealor ive tried is the Vichy Dermablend stick corrector( its on offer in Boots at the moment). Its a stick formula which I don't find as creamy as Sleek or MAC.
I got the palest shade no 15 unfortunately it is a little too dark for my skin but find if I apply it with a brush I can really buff it into the skin, its just as long lasting as Sleek also its got an SPF 30. On the packaging it says its water resistant so perfect for holiday when you don't want to many products on the skin, especially if you are in the pool.
The packaging is ok, its recently changed from white to a more sleeker black form but I found the actual stick feels a bit wobbly.
I haven't tried it with foundation yet so we shall see, I've read so many good things about this concealer so I hope it lives up to them, the Vichy setting powder is one of my favourite new products I've bought in the last few months so fingers crossed.

Let me know what you like to use, what's good and not so good.
Laters :)



No comments:

Post a Comment